Continuing the pretty-ing up my place project, I’ve moved on to another wall at our place.
After taking down our fabric Christmas tree …
… the wall is looking empty and bare. So off to Pinterest I go to get some inspirations.
Photo courtesy of Decoholic Interior Designs
Photo courtesy of IKEA
Photo courtesy of Smart Furniture
Photo courtesy of Very First Apartment
You can see more pics in my Ledge Art Pin Board.
Now here’s what I have so far.
- Armchair, black picture ledge, lamp, wooden figurine, black picture frame and corner TV table from IKEA (can you tell I love IKEA)
- Ottoman from Kmart (holds more of my fabric stash)
- Cushion (on sale for $10) and faux succulent pot plant (1 of 3) from Typo
- Plain white canvas that I put a vinyl typography “but first, coffee” using Picmonkey to create the words and my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the transfer vinyl.
5. Free Flamingo printable from Oh So Lovely
Photo courtesy of Oh So Lovely
I cropped it into a square to fit the square picture frame.
2 more items I want to get to complete the wall is a big letter “C” from Typo and a set of 3 faux succulents pot plants from Kmart
One of the things I want to do more in 2016 is to have friends over and just enjoy some good company. So having my place all nice and pretty and welcoming will push me to pick up the phone and invite friends over.
Now as for the sewing table side of my work area that I put the peg board up on – original post here …
… it’s still a work in progress, but I have added a few things on it.
Rail with hanging buckets to house the tools I need, thread and thread holders, scissors (I used wooden golf tees and cut them short to hang the scissors in place) and other pretty things (wooden house, mini buckets and clipboard with felt swatches). I am adding to it organically, seeing what items I need while sewing but also making it a little artistic.
So there you are. Very happy at the moment that I will welcome 2016 with a nice apartment to look at.
Do you have any goals, plans that you want to do in the New Year?