Repurposed T-shirts

My boys are in need of a few more pajama tops. So instead of buying new ones, I went through my own cupboard to source any of my t-shirts that I don’t wear anymore. I found a few, here are just some:

 

I used the 90 minute shirt tutorial from MADE plus some knit jersey from my fabric stash.

My first try was more like 190 minutes as it took a while to get the tension right on my sewing machine, as I used the elastic stitch. In the end I got there, granted the neckline binding was narrower than original measurement as I had to trim off the mangled bit from my earlier un-stitching errors.

Then I made a light marle grey raglan T and also attached my home made label on the bottom. I also made a raglan white and mustard T this morning.

 

Here’s Zach modelling 2 of them for me.

 

The boys are also in need of a few more PJ bottoms, so I tried this One Size Fits Many PJ Pants pattern From an Igloo.

However, I didn’t use jersey knit fabric (big boo-boo) as those fabric stash I am saving for my Rope Necklace Scarves, but I did have new flannelette bedtime fabrics I bought from the Lincraft sale last week.

Because the flannelette doesn’t have any give in its stretch, the pants fitted Josh but the legs were like skinny jeans – I don’t think it would be comfortable if he sits down in them.

So instead of discarding them, I just added extra fabric on the side to make the pants wider. Here’s how it turned own.

 

Now atleast one of the boys has a new/repurposed PJs.

 

Advertisements

One thought on “Repurposed T-shirts

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s